MLBAM’s mobile app, MLB.com At Bat, an app that gives baseball fans live scores and radio broadcasts of games, reached the five-million download mark on Saturday. It also marks the first time the milestone was reached before the first pitch of the Major League Baseball regular season, which began Sunday night.
Baseball fans also set a new Spring Training record for daily use of the MLBAM-developed app, 30% higher than the previous mark last year. The highest-grossing sports app a record six straight years, At Bat unveiled an Opening Day update that included support for Apple Watch. When available, At Bat for Apple Watch gives fans live scores, statistics, pitch tracking for every regular season and Postseason game, individual MLB player cards, notifications and breaking news.
MLBAM has updated its award-winning and newly renamed Ballpark app for iPhone and Android smartphones. This year’s Opening Day update includes customizable notifications, a new ticketing section and a redesigned app navigation.
Entering its fourth season, Ballpark delivers fully intuitive integration of locally focused technology with a league-wide feature set, including team customization, exclusive video highlights, mobile food, beverage and official merchandise ordering, seat and experience upgrade capabilities; MyTickets Mobile for in-app ticket management, Apple Pay as a mobile payment option for single-game tickets, delivery and storage of every ticket sold and content integration with ballpark video screens.
At last year’s All-Star Game, MLBAM introduced interactive ballpark attractions using iBeacon technology at Target Field in Minnesota. MLBAM also utilizes iBeacon technology for automatic check-ins to every home game, featuring personalized offers and rewards. Additional ballparks will be outfitted to support interactive ballpark attraction experiences through iBeacon and will be announced as they become available.
Ballpark features include:
• Check-in automatically with iBeacon technology (28 ballparks).
• Apple Pay – a new payment option when buying single-game tickets in the app (select clubs only).
• MyTickets Mobile for delivery and storage of all MLB tickets sold (select clubs only).
• Upload and share personal photos from ballpark visits, dating to 2005.
• View team statistics and watch video highlights from games attended.
• Ballpark and player entrance music listings.
• Social media clubhouse, including social rewards for select clubs.
• Complete tickets section, featuring special offers by club.
• Seat and experience upgrade functionality (select clubs only).
• Passbook integration for digital ticket delivery and storage (select clubs only).
• Check-in for ballpark offers and rewards.
• Interactive concourse maps and directory.
• Customize to feature a designated favorite MLB ballpark.
• Team schedule, ticket information and sales and promotional event listings.
• Access to food and beverage ordering available at select parks (select clubs only).
• Directions and parking information.