For almost 2 years, Cubeacon has been managing backend service for iBeacon developers. Include providing free access to Backend as a Service to manage iBeacon devices for developers who has purchased Cubeacon. With Backend as a Service that we’ve built, we hope that it will help every developers to implement iBeacon technology.
Cubeacon is one of pioneers that build iBeacon technology in Indonesia and produced thousands of iBeacon hardwares. We believe that this technology is one of the development of the Internet of Things ecosystem in the world and we understand that iBeacon technology and the Internet of Things (IOT) is the industry of future.
Cubeacon Backend helps thousands of developers who wants to implement the device for various solutions. But for some reasons, platform that we have built was not able to serve all the needs of iBeacon technology, including other supporting services such as cloud computing, analytics, to integration with various API and hardwares.
Internet of Things is a condition where solution is integrated and creating smart environment. We believe with fast growing technology in the future. Therefore, we have to shut down Cubeacon Backend Service. In the future, a backend that we all need is going to be a reliable backend as a service solution and able to integrate various platforms, devices, OS and Application in various programming languages.
We have summarized some of the questions related to the closure of Cubeacon Backend Service from all developers. Here are the summary of interview with Cubeacon founder to all developers of Cubeacon Backend:
+ What is the reason behind Cubeacon Backend closure?
– Market development is growing so fast and industry needs make us to shut down Cubeacon Backend. We understand that Cubeacon backend is not enough to develop various solution for iBeacon Technology.
iBeacon technology has various functions and it requires Backend which is much better than Cubeacon Backend. Including our segmentation that focused on industry needs.
+ What is the next plan of Cubeacon after shutting down Cubeacon Backend?
– Over the past 2 years we provide developers with free access to our backend, certainly a lot of valuable advice comes from all developers. Developers will be moved to our new service which is more competence services.
+ What kind of services Cubeacon provide for developers this time?
– All Cubeacon User will be moved to our newest service which is Mesosfer – Mobile Backend as a Service and IoT Platform (www.mesosfer.com).
+ Is there any difference between Mesosfer and Cubeacon Backend?
– Basically, Mesosfer is able to accommodate all the needs and functions of the iBeacon devices (any brand used). Mesosfer has special features for iBeacon devices that is much better:
iBeacon Platform, contains of module: presence, StoryLine (Digital Push Ads), Tagging, Microlocation, Notification, and Device Management.
Mobile Cloud Backend, contains of: Cloud Database, Push Notification, User management, Load Balancer, Database Backup, Storage & Cloud Hosting, Mobile App Management, oAuth, Reporting Analytics.
IoT Embedded Platform, contains of: iBeacon protocol API, MQTT Clustering, Device Management.
Developers can build complex applications in a single platform. They can build a Mobile / Web App that can be connected to the device IOT (embedded, smart watch, IOT Gateway, etc.) including iBeacon device, or developers can build an application individually, eg Mobile App (iOS / Android), Web App, or IOT device connected to each other, or separated from each other.
For the next step, Mesosfer will support Tizen OS and game angine such as Unity 3D. We hope Mesosfer will be more helping developers in building application for and genre and still in the free service.
+ How about Cubeacon Backend user?
– They will not lose their account in Cubeacon Backend. All accounts they’ve used in Cubeacon Backend can be used in Mesosfer.
+ How about the database in cubeacon Backend?
– We give developers time up until February 28 2017 to do Backend migration. We also provide backup process and migration service.
+ Will Cubeacon stop producing hardware?
– No, we only shut down the Cubeacon Backend service and replace it with Mesosfer Backend. By the end of 2015 we released Cubeacon Card. Our third product which will be released soon is Cubeacon Reader AR25. This device is a stand alone Scanner for iBeacon device. This product will soon be released in the near time. The production process has been completed, but need to do the QA process.
We hope Mesosfer will be easier and more helpful than previous Cubeacon Backend for developers.